24Feb14 – We’re preparing for the upcoming insulation process by checking our plans & DVD over & over. We’ve found mistakes & omissions from our original framing (that we didn’t even catch) and are getting everything up to date. We want the insulation process and (can’t wait!) the sheet rock process to go smoothly. Good bones are so important.
This weekend Steve started the tub surround in the master bath, adjusting for the size of our air tub. He also decided to tackle our Master bedroom window seat area conundrum finding that the correct height of the built-in cabinets is different than those framed; among other things. So Steve is deconstructing and then reconstructing so no detail is overlooked. And we thought we had this house memorized!
I’m playing with ideas for the master shower & front door as well. We’ve modified the shower, taking space from bdrm #3′s bath (omitted the 2nd vanity) and added a shower seat. I made an arch top entrance today out of foam board. Looks great, but then the whole front of the shower will need to be glass for a seamless flow. Going to research hinging glass doors on glass panels…. I found the front door style I want and drew it to scale on our temporary front panel door to see how it would look – being sure to line up the windows with the mini arched windows to either side of the entrance. I like it! Just need to re-trace it using a darker marker so it comes out better in my photos.
Everything is coming out just as we want it – and that takes a lot of time & observation with all the glorious details of the Maple Forest Cottage!